I make two different lines of acoustic instruments. One is the new "turn of the century" Bay State (Bay State logo) models. For information on the Bay State models go here.
The second line of instruments are the custom made, Wells logo instruments. These instrument are handcrafted with only the finest quality wood available and are tailored to the individual order. Why would you want this type of instrument? I would hope it is because my guitars incorporate many unique features. For an explanation of the differences in my guitars versus other fine instruments just click here. To see those models click here.
Please remember that I build a very limited number of these special instruments each year. Feel free to contact me directly at (781) 361-1471 so that we can discuss the details of "your" instrument and meet "your" requirements.
Once we arrive at the specifications of your ideal instrument I will "lock"
your position in the queue. Payment, in full, is due prior to shipping or delivery of the completed instrument.
•Standard Items On My Wells Custom Acoustic Guitars•
• Individually voiced, partially domed, solid AAAA Sitka, Lutz, European or Adirondack (Red) Spruce top plate sonically matched to chosen back wood & size of guitar
• Solid Brazilian Rosewood back & sides, options include Indian Rosewood, Flamed Koa or Quilted/Flamed Maple
• Pre-war scalloped bracing
• genuine 5 ply or solid Honduran Mahogany neck with adjustable truss rod
• Choice of short (25") or long (25 1/2") scale
• Cutaway or non-cutaway, left or right handed
• modern Wells or old style Bay State peghead
• Plastic, tortoise shell (plastic) or highly figured or flamed solid wood and purflings
• Semi-hemispherical Jumbo Frets - never any sharp edges (the best there is!)
•"Wells" inlaid w/pearl or abalone peghead overlay
•the rosette: the Bay State SoundRing® customized for your guitar
• Fully Bound Ebony or Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard
• Lightweight Ebony or Brazilian Rosewood bridge
• Multiple purfling inlay
• High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish on body
• Semi-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish on neck for extreme playability
• Micro-Adjusted bone nut and compensated saddle for perfect intonation
•Grover Sta-Tite 18:1 open back tuners
•Tone Enhancer™ technology
Most anything can be done to your instrument. I want you to LOVE your guitar. Whatever you want - just ask!